Which is the best diaper rash cream in India?
What is the best diaper rash treatment?
How long does it take for diaper rash to go away?
Do these questions bother you often? I have answers to these questions. The first few years of a baby are challenging for the mothers. It is because many known and unknown problems arise now and then. The most common problem for the mothers of young infants is finding the best diaper rash treatments. They search for the best diaper rash cream in India. But, with so many brands, it is easy to get confused.
I faced the same problem with my son in his infant days. But, I tried to look for the best of the remedies online and offline. So, this article is the result of my research. Continue reading to find useful information that will help you to get the best solutions.
Besides, I believe that understanding the reason and of any skin-problem is very important. Then only, you can prevent it in the future and apply the remedies. Here is a complete guide on Baby Diaper Rash.
What is a Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is a common problem that most of the new-borns face at some time. In this case, the baby feels irritation between the legs, because of the contact dermatitis caused by several reasons.
What Causes Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash causes can be many. Many people think the baby diapers to be the only main cause. But, that’s not true. Find below some of the causes of baby diaper rash:
- Sensitive Skin – Babies with sensitive skin are prone to any type of skin rashes. So, regular use of diapers might cause these types of skin to have rashes. But, using the best diaper rash cream might help in most of the cases.
- Contact Dermatitis – It is one of the common reasons for rashes. Here the contact between the skins of the baby covered by the diaper is inhibited with the air outside. So, the excess pressure of tight diaper causes skin irritation across it. Thus, it leads to skin rashes.
- Bacteria/fungi – Another reason is the bacteria or fungi that grow due to the humid temperature. So, the wet surface causes the bacteria to go below the legs and cause rashes. But, proper diaper rash treatment may help to cure this.
- Uses of skin products – Also, some babies might develop rashes after using skin products like oil, soap, and, lotion, etc. So, you need to find the best diaper rash cream to treat this.
Click the link below to buy Himalaya Baby Diaper. Himalaya Baby Diaper is one of the best baby diapers in India.
Before you look for treatment options, you need to ask yourself some questions?
Are you giving the baby enough sunlight? Is the baby comfortable with the clothes and the diaper-wearing? Is there a lack of proper hygiene? All these questions will help you evaluate the problem.
Besides, you need to follow certain measures. These are:
- Clean the baby’s diaper area regularly.
- Use the best diaper rash cream. Some diaper rash creams can be used to prevent skin rashes.
- Keep some time of the day for the baby to be diaper-free.
- Avoid using alcohol-based baby wipes
- Use mild baby products
- Also, there are some home remedies that are very effective in treating them.
Find more about Baby Skin Rashes here.
Diaper Rash Home Remedies
- Breastmilk – You would be surprised to know that breastmilk has antibodies. Also, it acts as an anti-infective for infants. So, using some drops of breastmilk can work as a magic diaper rash treatment.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple-cider vinegar kills bacteria. So, you can use apple cider vinegar to cure diaper rash. For this, you need to dilute one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of water. Use this solution to the diaper area every time you change the diaper for your baby.
- Coconut Oil- Coconut oil has medicinal properties to cure any infection. So, you can apply coconut oil to the diaper area when your baby is not wearing a diaper.
- Corn starch- Corn starch can keep your baby’s bottom dry. I used to take this remedy when I had no cream or powder to treat the rashes. Also, keeping your baby’s bottom dry gives a soothing feeling. But, make sure your baby does not inhale the tiny dust particles.
- Petroleum Jelly- Petroleum jelly provides a protective barrier to prevent chapped skin. Thus, it helps to cure any symptoms of diaper rash.
- Aloe-Vera Gel- Aloe-vera gel soothes and cools the skin. So, you can apply it directly to baby skin.
- Sandalwood Powder – Sandalwood has a cooling effect. It also helps to treat skin problems. So, you can use sandalwood powder on the baby bottom.
- Neem Water – Neem has anti-bacterial properties. You can boil a handful of neem leaves in a glass of water. Then cool it off and apply to the affected area.
All of the above remedies are beneficial. But, you need to try and see which ones work the best for you. Also, it is better not to use home remedies on new-borns without consulting a doctor.
Diaper Rash Treatment – Best Diaper Rash Cream in India
There are many baby creams in the market. They can help in curing the rashes faster. But, finding the best diaper rash cream might be time-consuming and needs thorough research.
Guess What!!! I have done that for you. So, you get the list of the best diaper rash creams ready right here. I chose these products by checking the ingredients and customer reviews. Also, some of the products were recommended by my friends and relatives who tried them for their babies.
Here they are:
1. The Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream
Why Choose The Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Organic Chamomile Oil, and Calendula oil
- Zinc Oxide heals and prevents rashes
- Organic oils and Shea Butter keep baby skin soft
- Hydrolyzed Oat Protein is best for diaper rash treatment
- Clinically Proven
- Overall, this cream protects and heals babies’ skin
Click on the link below to buy the product on Amazon.
2. Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream
Why choose Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Almond oil, Yashada Bhisma
- Zinc Oxide prevents and heals skin rashes on the diaper area
- Nirgundi and Manjistha cure redness and heals pain
- Gentle on Skin
- Reasonable Rate
- Overall, this is the best cream for fast healing
Click on the link below to buy this incredible Himalaya Baby Diaper Rash Cream.
3. Mother Sparsh Plant-Powered Diaper Rash Cream for Babies
Why choose Mother Sparsh Plant-Powered Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Calendula oil, Organic Shea Butter, and Coconut Oil
- All organic ingredients help to heal the pain and protect the skin
- Overall, you get a natural baby product to treat rashes
Click on the picture to buy this amazing product on Amazon
4. Life & Pursuits Organic Diaper Rash Cream for Baby
Why choose Life & Pursuits Organic Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Certified Organic Ingredients
- Natural oils and herbs soothe and cure rashes
- Free from chemical
- Reasonable Rate
- Overall, you get the best diaper rash cream in India that is organic
Click on the picture below to buy this organic baby product online
5. Pigeon Baby Diaper Rash Cream
Why choose Pigeon Baby Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Petroleum jelly, Aloe Vera gel, and Shea Butter
- Zinc Oxide helps to treat and prevent rashes
- Aloe Vera Gel soothes baby skin
- Petroleum jelly and Shea Butter keeps the baby skin soft
Click on the picture below to buy this product.
You can apply these creams or ointments till the rashes disappear completely. But in severe cases, you need to take an extra step and visit a doctor.
Life with a baby will teach you many things. The most important of them all is confidence. So, as time passes, you will find yourself more confident to handle baby problems. At that time, issues like Baby Diaper Rash Treatment will be a piece of cake. But in the meantime, try the home remedies and use the best diaper rash creams in India. Share your thoughts about this article by writing to me at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Question
1. What gets rid of a rash overnight?
Nothing can cure a rash overnight. But, you can use a cold compress, oatmeal paste, and apple cider vinegar for a soothing effect.
2. Is Vaseline good for heat rash?
Vaseline or petroleum jelly may relief the baby of the discomfort of a heat rash. But, consult a doctor before applying Vaseline to the diaper area.
3. Are baths good for diaper rash?
Baths may or may not feel good for babies when they have rashes. Try avoiding soaps or shampoos during this time. Also, go for an oatmeal bath or neem water bath. Besides, you can use some drops of Dettol in the bathwater.
4. When should I be concerned about diaper rash?
If the rashes do not go away after 2 to 3 days, then you should consult a doctor.
5. Is diaper rash painful for babies?
It may or may not be painful for babies. It totally depends on the types of rashes. If there are severe rashes, then babies start crying. But, if these are mild, they may not cry.