Are baby skin rashes normal?
What kind of rash does my baby have?
When should I be concerned about the baby skin rash?
What is the best baby rash cream in India?
Many mothers try to find answers to these questions. Baby skin is very soft and sensitive. So, they are vulnerable to skin-related issues. Therefore, baby skin rashes are very common during the infant years. But, as a mother, you need to have enough knowledge of these baby skin rashes. Besides, knowing about the best baby rash cream in India can solve the problem.
Also, there are some natural remedies to treat baby skin rashes. All these knowledge together can help you to treat them effectively. After all, learning and applying help in solving many issues.
So, are you ready to gain more knowledge on baby skin rashes? Let’s dive into the complete guide on baby skin rashes.
What Causes Baby Skin Rashes?
The most common problem among new-born babies is baby skin rashes. Baby skin rashes cause skin irritation and make the babies feel uneasy about their skin.
So, you can find babies crying or irritant at times even after being fed properly or taking adequate rest.
There are many reasons for babies to have rashes on their skin. These are:
- Sensitive skin – The skin of a newborn is sensitive. This skin and body temperature is quite different from that of an adult. Thus, it increases the chances of rashes on their surface. Moreover, saliva, drool, baby wipes, detergents, soaps, or sunscreens could also affect sensitive skin. Thus it can cause rashes. You can apply the best baby crash cream to solve these skin problems.
- Temperature rise – It is one of the most common reasons for the rashes on the skins of the new-borns. Usually, at room temperature, the skin gets enough moisture. So, the chances of baby skin rashes are low at this temperature. But, in high temperatures, the equilibrium between the body and temperature gets disturbed. This causes body temperature to react with the outside temperature. The moisture content accumulated on the skin reacts with the moist air. This results in skin rashes. Also, tight pants can further worsen the problem.
- Diapers- Another reason for the Baby skin rashes is the diaper. A new-born always keeps on wearing the diaper, which makes the skin difficult to breathe. With the increase in temperature, it can become worse. Also, diapers are of synthetic plastics, and when exposed to a higher temperature gets stretched. Then the strands start to produce strains on the baby’s soft skin. Thus, the baby becomes a victim of skin rashes. You can find some of the best baby rash creams online for this.
- Baby Wipes- Some baby wipes may contain harmful chemicals. Also, there might be certain ingredients not suitable for all skin types. So, this may cause skin irritation. Thus, it can cause baby skin rashes. So you can use organic or water-based baby wipes.
Click the link below to buy India’s first organic baby wipes on Amazon.
- Baby Products – Excessive uses of baby skin products can cause skin problems for babies. Also, many baby products can contain harmful ingredients. Besides, some ingredients might not be suitable for your baby. Thus, it may be the reason for baby skin rashes. So, you need to check the ingredients of the baby products before using them.
What are The Different Types of Baby Skin Rashes?
Skin rashes on the babies do not come with prior signals. They appear on the body suddenly. Sometimes they disappear without having to do anything. Also, you can find the best baby rash cream to treat baby skin rashes.
But, before that, you need to understand different types of baby skin rashes. Thus, you can judge which ones are serious and which ones are not. Find below some of the common baby skin rashes types:
- Milia – Milia or the blocked oil glands are the small white spots on the baby’s face. These blocked skin pores lead the whitening of pores. Thus, this paves the way for the rashes on the face of a new-born.
- Cradle Cap – Cradle cap is common in newborns. This is not anything that should worry you. It affects the head and the area behind the ears. It looks like thick dandruff. Also, it is common in the infants of 3-4 months. Besides, you can easily remove it with a soft brush or comb.
- Baby acne – It is another kind of baby skin rashes common among the new-borns. These are small acne that appears on the baby’s face, around the cheeks and noses. This mostly occurs due to baby skin allergy. This acne can last for a few days or weeks. Too much of this can irritate the baby’s skin. So, in that case, you need to take the advice of a doctor.
- Milk Rash – These appear as red dots on the baby’s cheeks. Many people think this to be a result of breastfeeding. But, this actually happens to the breast-fed babies of those mothers who eat food that cause allergy. So, if you are breastfeeding your baby, you need to be careful about your food intake.
- Diaper rash – This is another common baby skin problem. Nowadays, most of the babies are put in diapers. The skin may develop an inflammation over the diaper area. Hence, that area gets red and sore. This is the result of excessive use of diapers. Besides, un-hygiene during the urine or the poo may also cause diaper rashes on babies.
- Chicken skin – It is yet another kind of rash among the new-borns. Here the skin becomes hard and bumpy, sometimes due to baby skin allergy. Also, this can be itchy and cause dry skin. You need to take the doctor’s advice in case you find this type of skin rashes on your baby.
- Ringworm – Ringworm is one of the common skin problems across the body. It causes itching across a particular portion of the skin. Besides, on excessive itching, it turns into red sores. These may or may not disappear on their own. So, you might have to take the opinion of an expert.
- Eczema – This causes the skin to be itchy and red. It is very common in children. A baby can have eczema on his or her elbows, knees, cheeks, and scalp. A doctor is the best person to guide you on this.
- Hives- It is a baby skin allergy. These are red or pink in color. Also, these hurt and even sting at times. These can go on their own. Besides, there are allergy medications for the treatment of hives.
- Impetigo – This can happen on broken skin. It usually starts with a small cut or insect bite. They cause red sores on hands, faces, and legs. There can be even fluid-filled blisters around the diaper area.
Baby Skin Rashes Home Remedies
- A cold compress can give a soothing feeling. For this, soak a soft cloth in cold water and put it on the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. This tends to soothe skin irritations. Thus, babies feel relaxed during and after the compression.
- Make sure to add some drops of disinfectant like Dettol in the bathwater. This helps in killing the bacteria in water. Also, it works as an antiseptic agent. Thus, it can protect babies’ skin from further infections.
Buy Dettol online now. Click the link below.
- Keep your baby diaper-free if she or he has diaper rashes. Besides, keeping your baby diaper-free can make that area dry and clean. Also, make sure to clean that area every time your baby pees or soils the diaper.
- Neem has anti-bacterial properties. So, you can use Neem water to kill the bacteria. For this, boil some neem leaves in a pan and strain the water. Cool this water and give your baby a body bath with this water. You can do this once or twice a week. But make sure to take doctor’s advice before doing this.
- Aloe Vera gel has a soothing and moisturizing effect. Besides, it helps to cure itches and skin burns. So, you can apply this gel to the affected area. But, make sure there is no synthetic or chemical in the Aloe Vera gel.
- Cucumber also has a soothing and cooling effect on baby skin. So, you can apply the cucumber juice directly to the baby’s skin. But, make sure to avoid the nappy area and the chest area.
- Oatmeal has some great effects on Baby skin rashes. You can take some oatmeal and make a paste with water. Then apply the same on baby skin. But, make sure to apply it on arms first before applying it on the face. If there is no allergic reaction, then you can apply it on the baby’s face.
Baby Skin Rashes Treatment Options
Antiseptic or Baby Rash Cream
It is one of the most common solutions for dealing with baby skin rashes. Bacteria is the leading cause of rashes, and an antiseptic treatment with a solution can significantly reduce the skin rashes issue. But, make sure they do not have any harmful chemicals in them. Also, you can get many trusted brands online for baby rash creams in India. These are Sebamed, Pigeon, Moms Co, Himalaya, and many more.
In some cases, the rashes tend to cause many problems for the baby. Here you can give your baby an oral antihistamine before bedtime, which helps reduce the itching and burning sensations. But, make sure to consult a doctor before using this.
Lotions and Diaper Rash Cream
Another most popular solution you must try is applying lotions and Diaper rash cream in India regularly on the baby skin. They provide moisture to the surface and help reduce skin rashes. Diaper rash cream could be the best solution for skin rashes. Baby Diaper rash creams by Himalaya, Pigeon, Mothers Co., etc. are widely used in India.
Best Baby Rash Cream in India
Finding the best baby rash cream in India is challenging. But there are many popular brands online that offers the best creams. So, what I have done for this is pretty useful and effective. I have searched for the best baby rash cream in India online. I checked their ingredients. Also, checked the brand background and the most vital thing, checked the reviews.
The result? This is what I have got, some of the best baby rash creams in India:
Sebamed Baby Rash Cream
Sebamed is one of the most trusted brands of baby products.
Why choose Sebamed Baby Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Chamomile, Wheat Germ Oil, Micronized Titanium dioxide, Panthenol
- Chamomile soothes the skin
- Micronized Titanium dioxide prevents from forming excrements
- Panthenol heals wounds fast
- Wheat Germ Oil moisturizes skin
- Overall, you get fast healing
Click the link below to buy Sebamed Baby Rash Cream online now.
Pigeon Baby Diaper Rash Cream
Pigeon is one of the most popular brands of baby products in India.
Why choose Pigeon Baby Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, plant extracts
- Zinc Oxide prevents and heals baby skin rashes
- Best for newborns skin infections
- Overall, regular use prevents diaper rash
Click the link below to buy Pigeon Baby Diaper Rash Cream now.
Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream
Himalaya is one of the oldest and most trusted baby brands in India.
Why choose Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream?
- Ingredients: Zinc Oxide, Nirgundi, Manjistha, Indian Aloe, and Almond Oil
- Zinc Oxide prevents and heals baby skin rashes
- Nirgundi and Manjistha treats redness and pain
- Indian Aloe moisturizes sensitive skin
- Almond oil keeps the baby skin soft
- Overall, it provides relief from the very first day of using it
Click the link below to buy Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream now.
Following simple steps of hygiene, proper ventilation, loose clothes and diapers, and adequate and regular application of the best baby rash cream can help you to deal with the menace of baby skin rashes. One more thing to remember is that your baby may tend to get irritated even due to the slightest discomfort. So, as a mom, you have to be calm and patient to handle this situation. After all, it is the mother’s warmth that a baby would always desire.
Write to me at email@example.com if you have any queries. Also drop a mail if you like this article. Happy Motherhood!!!!Baby skin
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use Vaseline for a baby rash?
Yes, you should. It is effective in Diaper rash.
2. What cures diaper rash fast?
Hygiene and proper ventilation is the fastest way.
3.What is milk rash baby?
Atopic Dermatitis is the rashes on the cheeks of your baby.
4. Will a rash go away on its own?
Yes, in most cases, a baby skin rash may go on its own But not in all the cases, so also try other treatment options. Regular use of the best baby rash cream also helps.