Toys are an integral part of a baby’s growing years. But, as parents, it is our duty to learn about different types of toys before introducing them to our little angels. Like many other toys, ride-on-toys for babies come under scrutiny to verify how safe these toys are. I have found myself many times asking a question to myself before buying ride-on toys online for my baby. The question is
Are ride-on-toys safe for babies?”
I have read many articles on this topic and also asked my baby’s doctor about the same. Now, I have gathered some useful knowledge to help other mommies to know the answer.
Before you find the answer, I would like to make one thing clear. Most of the babies find the ride-on toys to be difficult to ride at the beginning. Moreover, young babies have a greater chance of tripping over if they don’t get proper support. So, the main responsibility lies with the parent. It is because a parent needs to lend proper support and be extra careful while a child is in a ride-on toy.
Having stated so, I must list some safety guidelines for the parents to follow in this regard.
Safety Rules for ride-on-toys for babies
- Don’t allow the ride-on-toys near the stairs.
- Teach babies how to ride the toy until you find confidence in letting them ride on their own.
- Always give the proper support when the baby is on ride-on-toy so that he or she does not trip over.
- Make sure your baby’s feet are flat on the ground and he or she sits comfortably on the toy.
- Keep the path clean by removing any obstructions on the way of riding.
- It is a good habit to let the babies put helmets while riding the bike. Thus, they can learn a safety habit when they grow up and ride a bike.
- Always follow a proper buying guide before buying ride-on-toys. So, you must check the age suitability, durability, and safety features. Also, check or any safety certification. Besides, makes sure to buy the ride-on-toys with large wheels. Find the best ride-on-toys for babies in India here: https://momsnest.in/babies/best-ride-on-toys-in-india/
- Make sure your baby is not wearing loose clothes that may get stuck in the toy and result in choking.
- Allow these toys for riding on the roads that are smooth and not bumpy.
- Never leave your children alone with the ride-on-toy.
Click on the picture to buy this safety helmet for babies on Amazon.
Many accidents have been recorded in the past for babies using ride-on-toys due to the negligence of the adults. But, you can avoid this by being extra cautious and following safety rules.
Ride-on-toys for babies are still one of the best enjoyable toys. So, there is no point in depriving your little one of the fun and excitement if you can be a responsible parent.